989 Design

989 Design is one of the Tri-Cities' leading graphic design studios. Specialties include logo and identity design, branding, and all forms of marketing communications.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Counting Down the Days



Instead of taking the usual shot from right in front of the studio I walked across the street so that I could catch the sun setting. I can't tell you how happy I am to see the sun on a pretty regular basis. I'm happy to be back in Michigan, there's no doubt about it, but the one thing I miss about living in Colorado is the 300+ days of sun each year. The weather is still a little chilly, but it is warming up a little bit.

It needs to warm up a little quicker, though, because opening day for the Great Lakes Loons is only eight days away. Eight days! I am over the biggest part of pre-season hump, but there are still plenty of things to do before next Thursday. My number one priority for the club is finishing the last twelve pages of LoonsNest, the Loons' program. Sixty pages are already at the printer and have probably already printed, but the last twelve pages are the pages which include the player photos and stats. The trick of it is that we can't do those pages because we don't know who our players are going to be just yet. It's going to be a little rough on me, but F.P. Horak has the toughest part of the job because they have to take what I give them and then print it, trim it, fold it, marry it up with the first sixty pages, throw a few staples in and then deliver it in about 72 hours. They're superheroes, I'm telling you!

I am not feeling particularly verbose right now, I guess, because I don't really have much to say. I know there are things I should be reporting on, but they just aren't coming to me.

Too many long days (and nights) in the studio. Come April 4th, I'm going to sleep like there's no tomorrow. Except I'm not really going to do that because there are already three or four jobs lined up and waiting for me to get after them. So after them I shall get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home