989 Design

989 Design is one of the Tri-Cities' leading graphic design studios. Specialties include logo and identity design, branding, and all forms of marketing communications.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What kind of week are you having?

Here are things than have happened in the past week and a half:

• The furnace quit working one evening and I woke up to a 40-degree house the next morning. I don't mind the winter, but that's a little on the cold side when you're trying to get up in the morning. I couldn't get it started again so I had to have someone come out and make the repairs, which turned out to involve replacing my thermostat.

• A few days later I came home to find that we had no water. I called the city and was told that it wasn't an emergency and someone could come out the next day. The next morning, a water department guy came out to figure out what the problem was. Turns out that the city was trying to turn the water off at a vacant house next to mine and shut my water off instead. Great.

• After the water was back on, there must have been a lot of junk in the lines because my upstairs sink had almost no water pressure. I tried to turn the shutoff valve beneath the sink and it started leaking and spraying water everywhere. The problem had quickly gone beyond the meager limits of my plumbing skills, so I had to bring in a plumber. Two new shutoff valves later and there are no more leaks and the water pressure is great.

What's next?


Yeah, I know this isn't anything to do with design, but these little problems have been taking up a lot of my time. All the time this stuff is going on, I'm fighting to try to keep up with all of my work.

I had lunch with a friend who is a local mover & shaker today and I think I have a very high profile project coming up in the next month or two. I will update more as this project takes shape.

Okay, time to get back to work. Have a happy Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home