989 Design

989 Design is one of the Tri-Cities' leading graphic design studios. Specialties include logo and identity design, branding, and all forms of marketing communications.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Marathon Runner

It's been a pretty long day. I sat down to work last night right around midnight and here it is--seventeen hours later--and I'm still going. I almost said "still going strong," but that wouldn't really be true. I'm starting to run out of steam, but I feel pretty good because I have accomplished quite a bit so far today. I still have a few things that I want to get done before I crash, but I have already finished with most of the heavy lifting for today.

I'm out of the house right now because I just needed some time out of the studio. I had a couple of errands to run, so I decided to grab a cup of coffee and spread my work out on one of the big tables at Harvest House. I wish I had room in my studio for a big table like this because it really helps my brainstorming. I could use the dining room table, but I couldn't leave my things spread out for very long because...you know...dinner and stuff.

I should probably get going pretty soon. I've gotten some good work done here, but I need to get home to take care of Spooky. She had surgery on her cruciate ligament last Thursday, so she's all stitched up, stapled up and cooped up. We can't let her out of her kennel without somebody nearby because she wants to be up and running around, which could re-injure the leg. As long as we can keep her pretty stable and calm for the next couple of weeks, the rest of the healing process should go smoothly. Two more weeks of almost no activity, followed by a couple of weeks of very light activity and then she'll be back to (almost) normal about eight weeks from now. It sounds like a long time, but the way time has been passing, I'm sure that she'll be up and running (literally) in no time.

The late sunrise threw me off today (especially since I was up all night), but the late sunset makes up for it. It's around 50 degrees again today, so my spring fever is at a fever pitch. It's going to cool off again later this week so I'm going to try to enjoy the temperatures for as long as they last. It won't be long now, though.

Okay...breaktime is over. Time to get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home