989 Design

989 Design is one of the Tri-Cities' leading graphic design studios. Specialties include logo and identity design, branding, and all forms of marketing communications.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Another great day in 989 history.



Even though I am not a professional photographer, part of my work with the Saginaw Spirit involves me taking photos from time to time. A few weeks ago I was shooting at the OHL All-Star game and got to get up close and personal with the Stanley Cup. Last night, the team asked me to stick close to Gordie Howe for the evening and take photos of him signing autographs and interacting with fans. I've been a Gordie Howe fan for as long as I can remember, so this was a dream assignment. I spent four hours within a few feet of the greatest hockey player to ever lace up a pair of skates. At the end of the evening I had a chance to talk with him for a minute and have him sign a puck for me. One of the other photographers took this photo while Gordie was signing my puck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home