989 Design

989 Design is one of the Tri-Cities' leading graphic design studios. Specialties include logo and identity design, branding, and all forms of marketing communications.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Fat Tuesday.

The website is coming together a little more slowly than I had hoped. It's not the fault of the guys building the site, though; the blame rests squarely on my shoulders. Part of the problem is that there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day to get everything done. The other part is that I'm having a hard time writing the site.

At this point I think I need to just let go and write something--anything--just to get a fully functional site up. If I can have the site complete and online by the end of the month, I'll feel pretty good about it. And then I can start making improvements. What I've been doing is giving my guy direction and then making a series of tweaks to it. By no means am I a perfectionist, but I keep monkeying around with this site. It's time to bite the bullet and get the deal done.

I am getting 5-10 web hits a day and have nothing to show for it. Just imagine what kind of traffic and interest I could generate if I actually had something there for people to look at?

Outside of trying to get the site up, the past week has been all sports, all of the time. I just wrapped up a couple of small projects for the Saginaw Spirit and have begun work on pieces for next season. At the same time I am plugging away at work for the Great Lakes Loons. Two big jobs--the season ticket brochure and the season pocket schedule--both went to the printer today. There is a stack of work a mile high behind those projects, but it still feels pretty great to get them out the door.

Speaking of that mile-high stack of work, I suppose I should get back to it. Happy Paczki Day, everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home