989 Design

989 Design is one of the Tri-Cities' leading graphic design studios. Specialties include logo and identity design, branding, and all forms of marketing communications.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Another reason I love working with the Loons.



I had the opportunity yesterday to meet baseball Hall of Famer Tommy Lasorda. He was running around Dow Diamond, spending time with the players and doing some promotional work for the team, when he took a few minutes to do a TV interview with the Voice of the Loons, Brad Golder. Just before the interview, Brad introduced me to Tommy and I got to say hello and shake hands with a true living legend.

During the interview, which was semi-private since it was taking place before the full press conference, I was one of three or four people who got to stand there and listen to Tommy Lasorda tell stories about his 59 years (!!!) with the Los Angeles Dodgers. The best part of the whole interview was hearing him tell the story of Kirk Gibson's big home run in the 1988 World Series. As a lifelong Tiger fan, I've always loved Gibby and even though he had moved on to LA by then I was rooting for him. I've heard bits and pieces of the story before, but to hear it firsthand from Lasorda himself--standing six feet away from me--was a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

I truly enjoy working with all of my clients and I try to learn from each of them and take something away, but the opportunity to work with the Loons has given me something I never expected to get from my career--a chance to relive my childhood dreams of rubbing elbows with baseball's elite. Thank you, Great Lakes Loons.

Have a safe holiday weekend, everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home