989 Design

989 Design is one of the Tri-Cities' leading graphic design studios. Specialties include logo and identity design, branding, and all forms of marketing communications.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pow! Right Between the Eyes!


As I wandered around the web earlier this weekend, I came across a blog by a guy named Andy Nulman. Andy has a new book out called Pow! Right Between the Eyes and it sounds like a great read. The premise of his book is the use of surprise in marketing.

He is currently running a promotion where if you mention his book and link to his blog, he will send out a copy of the book for free. He does say that he's sending them out to legitimate bloggers, though, so I guess we'll have to wait to see if I qualify as legitimate. I'm hoping that the hundreds...okay...hundred-and-fifty visitors per week to this blog will qualify me because I really want to read this book.

Anybody who is interested in keeping their business relevant in the current economic environment should check out Andy Nulman's website. I have only had ten minutes to look it over, but saw a few posts that I have bookmarked to go back and read. If you have a business and you aren't taking the time to scour the web for some of the great ideas that are out there, then I'm not sure you're really interested in being in business.

I keep saying that one of my biggest problems is that I don't have enough time to read everything that is out there. There isn't a secret formula to success and there aren't any shortcuts, but there are about a zillion sites out there with different ideas about business. Start going and reading what's available...you never know when you're going to find something that sparks your next big idea.

So take a few minutes to check out his site. There is some good stuff there and it's freeā€”it's all free!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home