989 Design

989 Design is one of the Tri-Cities' leading graphic design studios. Specialties include logo and identity design, branding, and all forms of marketing communications.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Seasons Change in the Neighborhood



I'm out of the studio while I'm writing this entry so I don't have access to most of my photos. Instead, I pulled a photo from last February.

We're still about a month away from the official start of winter, but we've already had a few light snowfalls. I've not had to shovel yet (the broom has handled these early season snows), but it won't be long before the real snow begins to fall.

With the change in weather, the Midland Street neighborhood takes on a whole different feel. In the summer you have a constant stream of traffic walking past the studio windows. In the winter there are still a few passers-by, but they're all bundled up and rushing to get to the tanning salon or the bar or wherever they are headed.

I really love this neighborhood. I was driving to work in the half-light of the morning a couple of days ago and they already have the Christmas lights up. I'm not a fan of Christmas lights before Thanksgiving, but I know the city has to get them up while the gettin's good, so I don't mind. I'll be hanging the lights in the windows of the studio either this weekend or next week, so stay tuned for more photos.

Sorry for the really vanilla entry, I'm just in a reflective mood. I am looking forward to our second winter in our studio. If you are one of the few who brave the winter, please feel free to stop by and say hello. Maybe we can play ping-pong or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home